Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Jordan is 6 weeks today!!

I can't believe that little Jordan is 6 weeks old today!  Geesh, time really does fly!  Although, it does feel like he's been in our lives forever (in a good way, of course).  As I'm typing, Jordan is down for his morning nap.  We've been attempting nap training....I know, maybe a bit early, but he seems to be doing well with it (knock on wood!).

Yesterday was Day 1....I put him down in his crib at 10am, after he showed many signs of being sleepy:  fists to his ears, yawning, glassy eyes.  He was swaddled and he had eaten beforehand.  He squirmed around and babbled for the first 30 minutes, whimpered for the next 20 minutes, and cried for the last 5 minutes....before falling asleep!  I was all like, yay, it worked!  Well, it only worked for 20 minutes and he woke up crying, so up I went to pick him up.

We tried again in the afternoon at 2:30pm, only this time, he went down without a fight....but again, only slept for 20 minutes before Mommy had to come to the rescue!  Don't worry, the poor guy got plenty of naps in, but they were in his swing and we're trying to get him used to napping upstairs in his crib.  I mean, it's sad, but I'm halfway through with my maternity leave and I'd really like him to be used to napping in his crib while I'm at work.

So, today is Day 2 of nap training and so far it's going great!  I put him down in his crib at 9:30am, after our morning stroller ride.....he went down without a fight and he slept until 11am!  Yay!  Let's hope this afternoon goes as smoothly.  So far, he's been in his crib for 30 minutes after going down easily.

He's been such a treat today, check out the picture of him in his swing this morning.  He likes to swing for a bit while Mommy has her breakfast and gets ready for our stroller ride.  He also has started mimicking our noises...his favorite sound to copy right now sounds like "Hi!"  It sounds so sweet in his husky little voice.  He gets so tickled with himself, as you can see below, just grinning so cutely!

Hiiiii!!!!



I love my swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment